This is my conure, Pepper. Like my cat, she’s very photogenic and lends her image to a lot of artwork. The one below was an experiment with my grandchildren’s watercolor crayons. It looks elementary like the medium I was using. I think the texture of the paper was too pronounced.
Here’s an acrylic painting of her from a previous post. What a dignified profile!
Here are the last two mushroom paintings I did while on vacation with the kiddies. The big red cap in Mushrooms 1 was a challenge because of the little white dots on the top. These had to be left unpainted. Some masking fluid would have come in handy here but I didn’t have any with me. (Confession: I’ve actually never tried masking fluid.)
Mushrooms 2 is the final in this series and, in my opinion, the best.
Like the first 4 mushroom paintings, these were done from copyright free photos I found on Pixabay.
In the previous post I showed the first two in a series of paintings of mushrooms. Those were done with watercolor crayons. However, I felt that the texture of the paper was too rough for the crayons, and since I didn’t have any smoother paper with me I decided to do the next ones with some regular water color paints.
Since the texture of the paper doesn’t stand out so much on these, they look more natural than the first two in spite of their unusual colors. Mushroom 4′ s color is a bit exaggerated but Mushroom 3 is actually that color of blue.
The models for these mushrooms came from a copyright free image site called Pixabay.